These little booklets make terrific gifts. Just decorate in any theme like graduation, baby, wedding, sports, or vacation. Place photos and memorabilia on the pages and insert a giftcard or check in the pocket. You can even include a CD in the front pocket if desired. Here’s how to make one:
1. Fold CD holder on score lines.
2. Glue front and back covers to outside. They are 5″ square, so you know how to cut them. They can be designer paper, cardstock, embossed cardstock or a mixture. We used embossed cardstock and BoBunny paper on this one. For a strong hold use Scor-tape for adhering.
3. Cover the spine with a contrasting color. Apply Scor-tape on the spine and on each side of this piece and wrap it around. Paper was cut to 3″x5″.
4. Use cardstock cut to 5″x10″ for inside pages.Fold in half and fit inside CD holder. This makes 5″ square pages.
5. Punch holes in spine through all layers for threading ribbon to hold book together.
6. Thread ribbon through holes from the inside to the outside. Tie in a knot and then make your bow. This way the book won’t fall apart is the bow unties.
7. Decorate the front and inside pages keeping with the theme of your book. We did a Valentine theme and used Whimsey stamps colored with Copic markers. The heart diecuts are Spellbinder, and the flowers were cut with the Cricut. For a 3-D effect, pop the hearts with foam tape or pop dots.
The first image was our make/take at the Gettysurg Croptopia Getaway. All the supplies are available here at our on-line store www.stampexpressstore.com. The 2nd and 3rd images show another example including a cover image and one of the open book.
Valentine Mini Book
Snowman CD Book (cover image)
Snowman CD Book (inside page image)